Bad habits are notoriously difficult to correct–just think of the struggle people face to quit smoking or start dieting, not to mention all those abandoned New Year’s resolutions. In the workplace, ineffective attempts to alter behaviours can actually end up damaging performance. Unfortunately, the regrets of failed attempts to change far outnumber the success stories.
If your goal is to drive real, effective behaviour change, 360-degree assessments are only the beginning. Life after feedback necessitates a framework for turning assessment-generated awareness into goals and actions, and supporting you as you make the change. Research has found that if we practice a new behaviour for at least 90 days the likelihood of successful behaviour change significantly increases.
We’ve created this quick guide to support you in your behaviour change efforts:
Momentor is an online goal setting and action planning system to guide and assist in behavioural change. With its easily accessible progress monitoring and friendly automated reminders, it will encourage you to make your goal-oriented actions a regular part of your working and day-to-day life. Momentor makes it easy to set goals and get help achieving them. In fact, when using Momentor, the percentage of employees who set goals and complete development plans has soared by 200-300%. It will act as your behaviour change partner; you no longer need to struggle with behaviour change on your own.
Momentor’s features include:
- Platform to create and measure goals
- Functionality to incorporate comments and suggestions
- Access to a comprehensive competency-based resource library linked to 360-degree feedback competencies
- Online professional development planning system
- Behaviour change wizard to facilitate development planning
- Coaching interface to track and monitor progress
- Online developmental goal setting and reminder system
- Pulse checks to monitor progress
- Options to add goal mentors who can help keep you on track
- Ability to add your own reference files to keep track of key information